Saturday, March 19, 2022

Aerobic zone benefits

 

When I took the picture above I wasn't enjoying the fine sands in the Caribbean or a biodiverse island of the Palwan archipelago.  I took that image this morning while I was running close to the water on the way back from the port. I noticed that those trees (I mean the low ones) are the only palms native to Europe, as that tree is known as Mediterranean dwarf palm. I think we have to respect the character of the place. It is important for the need of urban and place identity, which is a blend of physical heritage and geographical context.  


This morning a couple of tourists from Spain asked me an information while I was running through the port. I quickly noticed they were looking for the cruise ships terminal to Barcelona, and it was too easy to give them the right information, as they both could understand English language. The ship they were looking for wasn't there, so I explained that they had to take the bus. 
The problem was that they continued to ask me other information about the Barcelona pier, the ferry terminal, self-catering accomodation with free WiFi, and so on. Consequently, I had no choice but to tell them that I couldn't speak anymore because I was running. Although I spoke in a respectful way, they said they didn't like my behaviour. I didn't answered, and tryed to stay calm. So I decided to continue my run through the port.
A few minutes before I met the two Spanish tourists I had reached my aerobic zone benefits, as I was doing sustained running effort. That's the reason why I couldn't give them other information. Not to mention that they had already got the main information about how to reach the ships terminal to Barcelona.  

Have a nice weekend!

12 comments:

WILLIE...! =(^..^)= said...

Yes! The Mediterranean dwarf palm, also grows
in Sicily..Sardinia..Corsica..And will even
grow in Southern England..!
The leaves of the adult plants have been used
to make brooms and for weaving mats, carrier
baskets, and similar articles...
For finer work the young, unopened leaves are
treated with sulphur to soften them and provide
supple fibre...!

You had an interesting run to~day Giorgio...! :).

Tom said...

...from my stays on Maui, I learned that tere are so many different palms. Enjoy your weekend, Giorgio.

SzgnBsl said...

You answered the original question and they should have respected you running... Happy weekend:)

DVArtist said...

It's amazing how tourists think their time and space is more important. In addition they think that the locals should be a guide to whatever they are looking at or for. In my experience MOST tourist, not all, but MOST are rude and inconsiderate. You answered their question and I know you were polite and gracious. That fact that they were not is on them. Tourists = miserable people. Think I have an attitude towards them. ha ha ha.
I would love to have some of the palm leaves to make a basket. Giorgio have a very nice day today.

Giorgio said...

To Willie:

Exactly, Willie! ... The Mediterranean dwarf palm is typical of Sicily. I would have never thought of Mediterranean dwarf palm in South England.


To Tom:

Actually, there are different palm trees in tropical latitudes.


To Nicole and SzgnBsl:

Many tourists think they are able to bring money to the countries they're visiting. That's the main reason why they think that the locals should be a guide to whatever they are looking for.

Mica said...

It was very kind of you to stop for the tourists but strange they kept asking you questions and called you rude when you took time to help even though you were busy!

Hope you're having a great weekend :) We went to a birthday party yesterday which was fun.

Away From The Blue

J.P. Alexander said...

Fuiste amable y los ayudaste, a veces las personas no agradecen y piden mas cosas de las que uno puede dar. Te mando un beso.

Veronica Lee said...

I thought you were kind and helpful. Never mind the tourists - some people are just jerks.

Have a wonderful day ahead, Giorgio.

Rajani Rehana said...

Fabulous post

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Wonderful photo of the palm trees. I guess they are just decorative and do not bear fruit.

Best wishes for a New Week.

God bless.

Lowcarb team member said...

I thought you were very helpful.
I like your first two photographs.

All the best Jan

kestrel said...

The tall palm trees look more interesting, looked like they were wearing skirts. We have many types of palm trees here and I cannot remember all their names - red palm, fish tail palm, oil palm, champagne palm and heaps more!! I guess you cannot please everyone. You had your objectives of the run and did your best to help them.