Friday, April 01, 2022

Banana tree

This morning I had another interesting run. After 20 minutes warm-up I began to increase the speed slightly, and while I was running along the coast I saw some banana trees.  These trees are just decorative and do not bear fruit. 

I know that after the Mayor had planted  those tropical trees three years ago, he was criticised because these trees are very expensive. In addition, they have nothing to do with the Mediterrean area and the 42nd parallel North. Most people who live here say the Mayor should plant Mediterranean shrub and olive trees on the urban green spaces.

I also saw other (expensive) tropical trees like this one here below. I don't know its name.

The picture below shows the narrowest alley I have ever seen. I saw it yesterday, in Tolfa, a small village located in the hills.

I do hope Russian & Ukrainian talks will make "significant progress" soon.
Have a nice weekend!


10 comments:

WILLIE...! =(^..^)= said...

I do love the Banana trees..I think there
lovely..nice BIG leaves..Which can be used
to serve food on...

The tree you don't know the name of.....
I think is a Canary Island Date Palm Tree!
Growing up to 65 feet tall with a potential
spread of 40 feet..But! can be grown in pots
for the patio..!
The Canary Island Date Palm..is poisonous
though..! And can fetch as much as $20,000...!
๐Ÿฅ‚ ๐Ÿพ ☃️ ๐ŸŽŠ ๐ŸŽ‰ ๐Ÿ˜˜ ❤ ๐Ÿฅ‚ ๐Ÿพ ☃️ ๐ŸŽŠ ๐ŸŽ‰ ๐Ÿ˜˜

Tom said...

...I got to enjoy banana trees in Maui. The peace negotiation with Putin are a farce!

David M. Gascoigne, said...

I would advocate for the planting of native trees too.

WILLIE...! =(^..^)= said...

Giorgio..I may have got confused...
Is it the tree in the foreground,
your not sure of the name..if so..
it is, l think..a Baobab species,
six are found only in Madagascar..
Also known as "The Tree of Life"...!

DVArtist said...

We have the same type of thing here. Some mayor or city council comes in from another part of the country and starts shaping our town like the one they came from. With trees and bushes that are not indigenous. And yes, very expensive. I do like the look of that alley way. Hope you enjoyed your run.

OLga said...

Ci sono tanti alberi decorativi meno costosi,io avrei optato per alberi autoctoni.

Giorgio said...

To Nicole, Olga, Tom, Willie and David:

I see all of you agree on planting of native trees and bushes. Unfortunately some mayor and policy-maker don't understant the importance of local trees. Indigenous trees and bushes help local wildlife live and thrive. Animals like birds, squirrels and butterflies have looked to native plants for years for food and shelter.

Thanks for the informations about the baobab, Willie :-) I would have never thought it has been shipped from the other hemisphere (Madagascar).

Lowcarb team member said...

It is important to plant trees, especially ones native to your country.

All the best Jan

J.P. Alexander said...

Lindo รกrbol te mando un beso.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

The banana trees look lovely. You have good weather for it.

God bless.