Sunday, April 10, 2022

Tourists back to Italy

 

Yesterday I was glad while I was walking through Rome's streets and squares, as I saw many tourists coming back to Italy once again. Despite the war in East Europe and the pandemic, which is going to an end (I hope so), tourists are already here in order to enjoy Italy and its art, its architecture, its cookery and wine. I also enjoyed a dinner togheter followed by a walking tour: night lights make Coliseum one of the most spectacular Rome's landmark.  


I had pizza at dinner in Rome. Never seen before such a large pizza: it was larger than its white ceramic plate :-) 


The bad news is that the more tourists the more air pollution, due to the fact that they mainly travel by cruise ship. 


Meanwhile, crude oil and gas' prices still continue to rise in many European countries. Consequently, food, drink and clothes prices are increasing too. For example, the picture below shows that price per Kilogram of broccoli rose to € 2.38 ($ 2.62) this month in Rome and its surroundings. Last year we used to pay those veggies less than € 1.50.

Today it's a cloudy Sunday! ... And it is not possible to organize sailing boat trips.


Have a nice Sunday! 


12 comments:

WILLIE...! =(^..^)= said...

Cost of living is going up..ALL over
Europe, and the rest of the world!
I am a very good shopper, l consider
myself a professional shopper!
If what l usually buy, has gone up,
l buy something else! If your careful
with the pennies..the pounds..(£)..
will look after themselves! :).

Do they still have chariot racing in
the colosseum Giorgio..? HeHe! Last
time l was there, Charlton Heston
won..! :).

The photos are lovely to..You and your
family have a great week Giorgio!
week Giorgio..

Veronica Lee said...

I am so excited that Italy has opened its borders for travel. I hope to be able to visit your beautiful country soon.

Lovely photos, Giorgio.

Happy Sunday!

Giorgio said...

To Willie:

... The last chariot race was held in Rome was in the Circus Maximus in 549 AD :-)))
Have a nice Sunday, Willie!

Giorgio said...

To Veronica:

So glad to hear you would like to visit my country, Veronica :-) Thanks for the appreciation!

Have a nice Sunday!

Tom said...

...we have had no inflation for years and this is not normal, now many people are learning a valuable lesson of economics!

OLga said...

Speriamo che arrivino tanti turisti,l'Italia ne ha bisogno.Ciao

SzgnBsl said...

You don't want to hear about the cost of living here :) And traveling abroad has now become a dream for many people..

Lowcarb team member said...

It is nice to see that many countries are once again welcoming tourists ...
However, the cost of living world-wide is rising and rising quickly - it is concerning.

Enjoy the remainder of Sunday and have a good week ahead.

All the best Jan

J.P. Alexander said...

Que bellas fotografías y es bueno que todo vuelva a la normalidad. Te mando un beso.

DVArtist said...

Well you have seen my pizzas. The are American pizza not Italian. LOL Hey, for me pizza is pizza and I could eat it every night. LOL It is very expensive here with food especially. Since I lost my business we have had to really watch what we buy. It is a scary thing. So glad I grow a garden. I guess we have to be thankful for what we do have. Wishing you a good day.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

What a beautiful city. Best wishes to you and your family.

God bless.

kestrel said...

I am happy life is returning to a near normal. We still wear masks but people like you said are moving around freely and travelling. I have been to Rome and I really did like the atmosphere, the cobblestones and the ancient structures. I was also amazed at the size of a personal pizza there, over here it is two persons share NOT one. Everything has gone up in price here too, especially cooked food. Veggies are still OK but eating out is too costly now.