Saturday, November 20, 2021

The old town of Tolfa


On 7th of May I already wrote (and published) a short post about Tolfa, which is a small town located in the hills not far from Rome. Yesterday I went there once again for job. This journey gave me the opportunity to enjoy the old side of Tolfa and its characteristic stone houses.


The first picture above shows the hills surrounding the small town of Tolfa completely covered with oak trees. That's why many houses have fireplaces and wood heating systems, which reduce emission from fossil fuels. 


While I was walking through Tolfa's old narrow alleys, I noticed that each house had its typical wooden door.






I really had a great time there, as I didn't hear any car noise. 
Have a nice weekend!

10 comments:

OLga said...

Case molto belle!

Tom said...

...they were built to last!

SzgnBsl said...

I think the top spot is a castle. Although it is a bit tiring, it will be very enjoyable to take a walk there and photograph the streets and houses with wooden doors you see:) Happy weekend:)

DVArtist said...

OMG Giorgio I love this town. I would live there. The photos are simply magnificent. Wooden doors, each one so beautiful.

Giorgio said...

To Nicole, Tom, Olga and SzgnBsl:

Actually, many people from other countries love this old village.
20 years ago a number of people from Norway organised a group and bought a big old building in Tolfa. The building consists of two floors and an annex with a hall, an ex church and a tower, which are used for seminars, exhibitions, concerts, etc. There are also rooms, bathrooms, two kitchens, a spacious hall, a library and a living room with access to the garden. The main activity of that group of people from Norway, who live there, is to supports artistic and other activities that help to increase the cultural interface between Norway and Italy.

ashok said...

Fascinating place. Lovely arches!

Mica said...

It looks like a beautiful place to visit! All the wooden doors are so interesting too! :)


Hope that your week is going well! Another rainy spring one here!

Away From The Blue | Handbag Gift Guide

Veronica Lee said...

WOW! It certainly looks like a fabulous place to visit!

I love the arches.

Happy Wednesday, Giorgio!

baili said...

oh really liked the virtual stroll Giorgio

specially the serenity i felt even through your shots seemed inviting .

old places are fascinating to not just eyes but senses either
thank you for sharing.
blessings!

Giorgio said...

To Baili:

I am glad to hear you and other blogger friends enjoyed my post about my country's old village.

Thanks for your kind words, Baili :-)

All the best,

Giorgio