Sunday, December 12, 2021

Renault 4

In my previous post I mentioned Citroën 2cv after I had seen an old one while I was walking. This morning I saw another old one: it is Renault 4, which had been produced from 1961 to 1992 by the French car maker Renault. I was happy to see that old car, as it was the car I used to drive when I was 20 years old. 

To celebrate the 60th anniversary of Renault 4, that's its name, the French manufacturer has created the "Suite N. 4" that has maintained the same dimensions and external lines of  the original model. 

While I was walking I also took pictures of two of the oldest stone fountains. These two small town's landmarks, which were both built in the late 16th century, provided water supply for horses and donkeys.  


At the local market I saw an easy way to enjoy fresh tomatoes in late Autumn 🍅


Have a nice Sunday :-)

9 comments:

Tom said...

...a Renault is a rare sight here.
...I love the buildings and fountain.
...the tomatoes that we enjoy now, I canned in the summer.
I hope that you are enjoying your weekend Giorgio.

DVArtist said...

I think this car is just perfect for me. Ha ha ha. I really like the look of it. Amazing fountains and those tomatoes!!!!! Have a wonderful day today.

SzgnBsl said...

Renault 4 was not produced in Turkey, but there were Renault 5s for a while. My family's first car was the Renault 12. My first car was Renault megane coupe du. That's why I have a special love for this brand :) Happy sunday Bill:)

Mica said...

The fountains are lovely and it's great you could see such an old car :)

Hope that you had a wonderful weekend! We went to a couple of fun Christmas parties :)

Away From The Blue

J.P. Alexander said...

Hermosas fuentes te mando un beso

Margaret D said...

Hello, thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog.
Remember the Renault they used to be here once. What a joy to see it again for you guess it brought back nice memories. Never seen tomatoes displayed like those in your photo...

Lowcarb team member said...

Nice to see the two oldest stone fountains.
Those tomatoes look fantastic :)

All the best Jan

CÉU said...

Hello, Giorgio!

Penso que a Renault é uma marca francesa, que sempre teve o apreço de muita gente. My father bought 2 Renault.

Belas fontes e edifícios.

Tomatoes are beautiful and saborosos. Good photos.

I am a Portuguese woman.

Ciao, ciao.

kestrel said...

Seeing the Renault must have brought back wonderful memories. Being 20 and a life ahead full of surprises. It is good that the fountains are still maintained in their original structures and in working conditions with water still pouring out. That is one huge bunch of tomatoes looking ripe and ready to make into salads.