Sunday, May 23, 2021

Medieval towers

Many members of our blogging community sometimes mention the importance of cultural heritage's protection. This inspired me to start taking pictures of medieval towers. It was an occasion to visit historical buildings located close to my town.





The tower above was damaged during WWII, as you can see in the following picture:
The last picture below has nothing to do with historical buildings and medieval towers. I simply saw that black and white bird while it was walking along the pedestrian area. It was a young magpie that wasn't able to fly. So I put it close to the nest which I saw on a tree. 


10 comments:

Tom said...

...many historic treasures have suffered from war and neglect.

Veronica Lee said...

I love all thing medieval and these towers are great treasures.

Happy Monday, Giorgio.

paola lauretano said...

Mi lasciano sempre a bocca aperta le tue foto, sono particolarmente atrratta dall'architettura medievale! Che carina la gazza, hai fatto bene a salvarla!!!
Kisses, Paola.

Expressyourself


My Instagram

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

Very interesting. It's wonderful that you've documented these old treasures for yourself.

SzgnBsl said...

I also liked your previous articles and followed them with pleasure. But it was very enjoyable for me to read this article and look at the photos. Thanks for sharing. Happy new week 🙏

kestrel said...

Old buildings are to be treasured and conserved. Your pictures show the history and they are beautiful architectural sites. It is sad that many medieval treasures were destroyed in the past and modern buildings put in their place. It is only recently that humans have grown to appreciate heritage.

paola lauretano said...

Ti auguro una buona giornata Giorgio!
Kisses, Paola.

Expressyourself


My Instagram

paola lauretano said...

Ti auguro un buon weekend!
Kisses, Paola.

Expressyourself


My Instagram

DVArtist said...

You certainly have captured the beauty. Keeping history alive in anyway we can is important. I would love to draw/paint 1 or 2 of these, with your permission. Have a very fine day.

Giorgio said...

To Nicole:

I would be honoured to see (on your blog) your paintings of those medieval towers :-)