Sunday, April 18, 2010

Tarquinia's 11.2 km race

A very hard race was held this morning in Tarquinia, an old small town near the Tuscan border. In this sunny morning about 400 people ran 11.2 km with three hard up-hills. The runners met dangerous steep slopes along the track and I didn't run fast those down-hills. On the contrary, the landscape was beautiful during that race because we ran through the old town and around the medieval wall. After the race I visited the old side of the town where we had run. The time taken was 51:19 minutes.
Ultimately I enjoyed that race and improved slightly the averaqe pace. While I was crossing the finish line I felt good. I hope that all you will have a nice week and a good training.

7 comments:

Anne said...

Congrats on your race...that's a great pace!

Julie said...

Hi Giorgio,
Wow, good job on your 11.2 race!! You had a great time and you had some challenging hills:) Nice work! Oh Giorgio, I would love to run that race in Tarquinia...near the Tuscany border. Someday I will come to Italy and run a race there:) Have a great week!

Amy said...

Great job on your race - and in spite of slowing down on those steep hills a good time!

Johann said...

Nice run! I'm always super careful on steep slopes and downhills. Have a good week!

Sherri said...

That is a great time! Sounds like a tough race!

Black Knight said...

Fast pace for an impossible race. The future will be easier.

Alexandra said...

What a fast time you had considering you slowed your pace for the steep sections. Good job!