Sunday, December 18, 2011

Liberty Run Christmas







After I had followed a running program  (tempo run and repeats workouts twice a week  for more than a month), this morning I didn't run the first edition of the Liberty Run Christmas 10 km race :( Two days before the race I had had a temperature so I didn't run this moning although I fell a bit better.  On  Wednesday, December, 14th, I went  to a small village called Civitella for job. That's a small town of 2000 inhabitants, situated on the hills in the middle of the Italian peninsula. The weather was rainy and I stayed there with no umbrella and no waterproof boots because I left my house on a sunny morning. So I wore wet socks all the day. That's why I had had a temperature until yesterday.
Moreover, that small town wasn't pleasant and the buildings were very old and badly maintained as you can see in the third photo.
On the other hand, in that village there was a good thing only :) it was a Christmas cake made with walnuts, orange, chocolate and pumkin! The photo below shows that characteristic Christmas cake.



This morning I felt better, so I decided to see my friends on the starting line although I was a bit angry because I couldn't run that race.  I'm addicted to running! I enjoyed seeing the race and taking photos.  Stefano  ran this Christmas race too and he will write a race report on his blog (I sent him two photos). The two photos here show the runners while they were running the 3rd km.




Meanwhile, in my house Santa Claus hits the bookshelf :) ... as you can see in the photo below.



Happy Christmas and a wonderful holiday season to all my blogger friends!

12 comments:

Christina said...

Sorry you weren't feeling well and couldn't run the race. Hope you get better soon (and remember a pair of dry socks to carry with you)

Char said...

Merry Christmas Giorgio. Don't feel too bad - we're all addicted to running. But at least it's a healthy addiction. And it lets us eat all those yummy Christmas treats - those cakes sound particularly delicious/

Caroline said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family!
Sorry you missed the race...First Stefano missed the marathon and now you missed this one...
hope you will be better in time for Christmas!

ajh said...

That cake sounds great.
I like all your Santas.

Merry Christmas!

Ewa said...

Merry Christmas, Giorgio.
I am sorry you missed the run. I am sure after eating those yummy cakes you will be good in no time.
I am sure after the holidays the entire Black Knight Army will be all well conquering enemies and collecting good loot. :)

Johann said...

Hope you are feeling much better now Giorgio. I know the feeling of missing a race and watching your friends running it.
Merry Christmas and a peaceful holiday season to you and your family. I am privileged to have great friends like you in Italy. My wish is that we will all meet one day.

Rís said...

Strange but lovely looking village... hope you get a few good runs in during the Christmas period.

Black Knight said...

I am sorry you couldn't run but I am happy because I got a couple of pictures (thank you).
However you must be happy because you were appointed on the field "Duke of Pisterzo". Congratulations!!!!!
A proposito di cake, quando annamo a fasse 'na pizzata? (translation from slang: about the cake, what about to eat a pizza?)

Amy said...

I'm sorry you couldn't run your race, and had to stay in an unpleasant place, but...
I wish you a very merry Christmas...
and lots of good running in 2012!

Black Knight said...

Tanti auguri di Buon Natale a te e famiglia.
Ieri ci siamo fatti 23km pre-natalizi. Eravamo in 4: Zanchi, Caporali, Matacena ed io. Ti aspettiamo.

strewth said...

I do hope you had a wonderful Christmas Giorgio and that you stay healthy, happy and injury-free in 2012. Happy New Year!

Mark said...

Sorry you were not able to run the race.
Hope you had a warm and fun Christmas.

If I am ever in Civitella around Christmas time I will be sure to look for those Christmas cakes!! I know the odds aren't great, but a good dessert can be a rare find sometimes.