Sunday, May 16, 2010

Running team dinner

This weekend I haven't run races. Although the weather wasn't nice, this morning I ran 16 km long run. I'm trying to maintain the long distance running. It's very strange that the weather has been so cold and rainy since last Monday. We ran the first two kilometres in the light rain, then the weather became sunny and from the 4th to the 8th kilometer we ran through the countryside. After the rain the smell of vegetation was more intense. From the 9th to the 11th kilometer we ran near the sea. The sea air smelt good while we were running along the coast.

On Saturday evening we had a dinner with the running team (somebody is sending me the photo of the dinner and I'll post that image as soon as I receive it). We went to a small village situated on the hills near the town, where we could eat boar meat. Stefano wasn't there because he had gone to a wedding. For the reason he's angry because he would like to be there with us.

Next Sunday I'll try to run the Tuscania's 10 km race. In the photo below you can see the Tuscania's mediaeval castle and the old church. Near that old town there's a gren valley, which I showed in my post of the 5th of May. It is a nice protected area. That mediaeval city dominates the area, with its perfectly preserved old centre. Behind turreted walls and towers there are ancient churches, palaces, alleys, arches, portals and fountains which you can see in the image below. I took this photo one month ago.

I hope that all you'll enjoy the rest of this weekend!

7 comments:

Julie said...

Hi Geiorgio,
The weather here in Minnesota was very cold and rainy for almost a week. It was a little odd for end of May weather. Finally, the sun is shining and the temps are in the 70's! So what does boar taste like and how is it cooked?

I really like the picture of the castle on the countryside! It is beautiful:) I hope that your race next weekend goes well! Have a great week Giorgio!

Black Knight said...

Good luck on the Tuscania race. Be careful, you know that is a tough path. See you soon.

Johann said...

Is that the same boar as we see in Asterix? Sure it was good. Good luck with that 10km! I think it will be beautiful to run there.

Anne said...

Wow, that is a beautiful castle. Good luck with the 10K Tuscania race!

Christina said...

Awesome picture. It's so green. Here, in Arizona, its so brown. The desert is beautiful in a different way.

I'm curious, why do you post in English as compared to Italians? Is blogging not popular in Italy?

Alexandra said...

What a beautiful picture!

Here in Calgary, Alberta, Canada we are having cold and rainy weather!

You are doing great with your training! Keep up the good work!

Char said...

What a beautiful place to go for a run! I think I must put Italy on my "Places to Run" list.