Sunday, April 28, 2019

Pictures of the volcanic island of Ischia

I've just spent four days in the volcanic island of Ischia, about 30 km West from Naples. Since Monday Easter I have not run and I have not gone cycling. I have Mainly enjoyed thermal spas.






While I was on holiday, my nephew (17 years old) gave me a phone call. He said he found a World War II-era bomb while he was hiking in the hills situated close to Gaeta, 90 km North from Naples. His smart phone was very useful, as he was able to take latitude and longitude. Of course, I quickly sent latitude and longitude to army specilists, who will remove the World War II-era bomb on May 5th. Poeple don't live near the place where the World War II-era bomb was found.




During the second World War the Gustav Line stretched across the Italian peninsula and barred the way to Rome for two allied armies in Italy. Unfortunately, Gaeta was on the Gustav Line. That's why a lot of  World War II-era bombs are still there.

2 comments:

Karien P. said...

Ischia looks amazing!

Black Knight said...

Beautiful landscapes, thermal baths, good weather .... what else?