Sunday, December 10, 2017

Alternative to running

As I mentioned in my previous post, I gave up running last summer: I'm aware that running can sometimes be hard on our joints and can cause some injuries. On the contrary, cycling is one of the top five  alternatives to running.
It's great at burning calories, lowering our body fat percentage and improving the health of our cardiovascular system. 
Since August I have been cycling in the Hills ... Unfortunately, in fall the paths are flooded because of rainy weather.

4 comments:

Amy said...

It seems like a lot of us have been having to find alternatives to running - it's sad to have to give it up, but it opens our eyes to other possibilities.

Giorgio said...

I've just read your comment. Thanks for that, Amy! Unfortunately, most members of our former blogging community have been giving up running since 2015: your friend Fran, from Netherland, was the first blogger who gave up running . Moreover, Johann (South Africa), Brendan (Ireland) and others began to go swimming and cycling instead of running. My friend Stefano, who greets you, is still running, although his pace is slower. Anyway, he also enjoy training sessions and races. On Sunday, 3rd December, he ran a 10 km race in Canino. I was still there, although I didn't run and It was very cold.
Maybe, I'll do the registration for a cycling event in Central Italy next year.
I remember you ejoyed walking through countryside and forest ... I hope you are still doing that.

Johann said...

Hi Giorgio!

I'm i the same boat! I just posted a blog for the first time in a year that is exactly the same theme. All the best with your cycling!

Giorgio said...

Great to hear you are back blogging, Johann! I look forward to reading your experiences on two wheels.