Friday, July 14, 2017

Damaged cartilage of toes' joints

I haven't been running any race since 2nd June, and four days ago I ran the last training session. I thought it  was really my last running training, after my feet had been visited by the orthopedist in Rome on 12 July. Actually, the doctor said I can't run because of  the early stage of  the arthritis of  toes. The articulations of my both feet are damaged at 50%, and over time, if  I were to run again,  walking would be a problem because of damaged cartilage of toes' joints. In other words, If I continue to run, articular cartilage injury will increase.
That's why I can't run  any more.
The picture here shows the number of my last running race, which I did last month, on 2nd June.
I don't know whether I will go swimming or cycling. I may also go to the gym. I'm still astonished as I can't believe I have to give up running.


No comments: