Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Monte Amiata

I haven't planned to run any race this month. So I'm trying to maintain my running shape and lose weight and I'm doing a long run, a relaxing run and a tempo run every week. As I wrote in my last post, I've learnt to run on the icy path because this month the weather is snowy. The first photo was taken on Saturday, 11st, while the snow was covering Civitavecchia. That picture shows  the street where I live covered with snow. From 17th to 19th of February I spent some time in the snow: I went with my family with other friends and their children to Monte Amiata, in the southern Tuscany region of Italy. And there was a lot of snow there, as you can see in the photo below.  


The main economical resources of the Amiata region are chestnuts, timber and, increasingly, tourism (ski resorts).

At dinner we ate a wonderful soup of mushrooms (although children didn't like it). I had that soup twice :) Really! The first day the weather was Sunny and children enjoyed skiing and snowboard.


The photo below shows that on Sunday, 19th, the weather was foggy.

On the way back the weather was foggy and there was snow along the street, but it wasn't a problem! 

I didn't run from Friday to Sunday and yesterday I did 10 km on my own at 5:25 min./km. Today I ran 55 minutes slowly.
In the meanwhile, I hope to hear good news about Stefano's knee soon. Last week he was visited by a good doctor here in Civitavecchia.
Happy running to all my blogger friends!

9 comments:

Rís said...

I like the new look blog Giorgio!

ajh said...

All that snow looks wonderful as does the time with friends and family.

Amy said...

Sounds like you all had a great ski vacation! I think I would have enjoyed that mushroom soup...but same here for the kids - why is it that kids hate mushrooms so much???

Johann said...

Looks so nice to take some time in the snow. I hope one day I can run in snow like that and also show my son the snow. I'm also hoping for good news from Stefano. Have a good week Giorgio!

Black Knight said...

Thank you for the mention and the wishes.
Glad you had fun in Mt. Amiata.
Keep running and lead the group!!!

Fran said...

What a beautiful getaway you had. Looks like you had a great time with your family.

Must be akward for you to have snow in your city. I'm glad we got rid of it, we're slowly moving towards Spring now.

Char said...

It's just so beautiful. Even the picture in the fog is lovely. I'm glad you got a nice time away with your family.

Unknown said...

I love the photos! I joined a gym so that I don't have to run outside and I am very impressed that you figured out how to run on ice.

Julie said...

Hi Giorgio!! I needed to stop by your blog and see how you have been doing. I will be reading back and looking at all of the beautiful pictures you have posted. I hope that you and your family are doing well! Take care Giorgio!:)